Every Muslim who has reached the age of puberty must observe fasting from sunrise to sunset, unless they have a legitimate reason not to fast such as travelling, illness etc.
When are we allowed to break our Fast?
So the benefits are all linked to being righteous:
- - Those who are ill whereby fasting is dangerous to their health
- - Travelling a distance that is long enough for your prayers to be combined
- - Pregnant and breastfeeding women who may risk their health or the child’s health
- - Old people who are weak or on their deathbed
- - Unbearable hunger or thirst
- - Compulsion